Astrolabe Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 2018
Original price $23.00 - Original price $126.00
$23.00 - $126.00
Current price $23.00
The Astrolabe Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc is made from grapes grown across three Marlborough sub-regions — the Wairau Valley, the Awatere Valley and the Kekerengu Coast.
We machine harvest the grapes at night or in the cool parts of the day to preserve the purity and intensity of flavours.
In the winery, we take great care to handle the fruit in a way which allows the flavours and aromas of the region to come through. Sauvignon Blanc is widely considered by the wine drinkers of the world to reach its pinnacle of potential in Marlborough.
My style is dry, expressive and elegantly balanced. – Simon Waghorn, Winemaker
- Colour/Appearance Pale straw with green highlights.
- Aroma/Bouquet Lemon grass, lime peel and elderflower, with background notes of white currant and red pepper.
- Palate Medium-bodied with white peach, gooseberry and citrus flavours, and a dry mineral finish.
- Cellaring Very enjoyable when young and fresh; will age gracefully with careful cellaring.
- Suggested Foods Fresh, leafy green salads; seafood of all types; and dishes with lifted, aromatic herbs.
- Serve Chilled.