Astrolabe Marlborough Pinot Gris 2017
Our grapes are sourced entirely from unique Marlborough sites to add layers of complexity to our wines. Each site was chosen for the distinctive flavour it produces. We work with dedicated growers who understand the rhythms of the land and know how to grow grapes that express the terroir. The Astrolabe Province Marlborough Pinot Gris is made from grapes grown across three Marlborough sub-regions — the Wairau Valley, the Awatere Valley and the Kekerengu Coast.
Half of the grapes are machine harvested at night and whole-cluster pressed to preseve the lifted fruit characters and the rest is handpicked to add fine texture, weight and minerality. In the winery, we take great care to handle the fruit in a way which allows the flavours and aromas of the region to come through. I aim for an aromatic, crisp and precise Pinot Gris, with the ability to pair well with food and to bottle age gracefully.
Simon Waghorn, Winemaker.
- Colour/Appearance Light Straw
- Aroma/Bouquet Pear and quince, light peach and citrus rind and a whiff of cardamom and nougat
- Palate Pure, focussed wine with a delicacy of structure, finishing crisp and dry. Stonefruit and pear flavours dominate, followed by some light citrus
- Cellaring Will age gracefully over the next six years
- Suggested Foods Great as an aperitif, with shellfish and seafood, pâtés, poultry, pork and light game as well as creamy mushroom or egg dishes
- Serve Lightly chilled or at cool room temperature
WE SHIP NZ WIDE
Only $5.99 for up to 12 bottles!
We accept payment by Visa, Amex, Mastercard, Internet Banking or Bank deposit, so you can purchase with ease.
GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE
Simply email us at [email protected] For Expert advice on picking the right Bottles
NZ OWNED & OPERATED
We are a NZ owned and operated business so you can be sure that we are always on hand to assist you.
Pinot Gris Wine Mixed Case $95 6x750ml Bottles
Try 6 Outstanding Pinot Gris Selection. 2 x The Ned 2 x Oyster Bay 2 x Esk Valley
The Ned Pinot Gris 750ml
TASTING NOTE Instantly recognisable from its salmon pink colour, the 2019 vintage is delightfully aromatic featuring bright florals and ripe aromas of white peach and honeydew with hints of baking spice. The harmonious...
Pinot Gris Wine Mixed Case $120 6x750ml Bottles
Try 6 Outstanding Pinot Gris. Great Value. 2 x Astrolabe Pinot Gris 2 x Jules Taylor Pinot Gris 2 x Matawhero Pinot Gris